Projects per year
I am a newly-appointed Senior Research Fellow in Mental Health with the College of Nursing and Midwifery and I lead the Mental Health Research Theme as part of the Mental Health and Supportive Care Research Group. Through my work, I aim to enhance mental health and wellbeing outcomes of communities and groups who often negotiate disadvantage(s) and marginalisation. I have a track record of scholarship concerning: youth mental health; enhancing wellbeing in rural communities; health service provision to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities; and multidisciplinary and supportive cancer care.
My roots are in community psychology, and as such, my research is characterised by working in meaningful ways with communities, professionals and health/community services; often employing participatory and collaborative approaches. Prior to this role, I was a Research Fellow with the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Implementation Science in Oncology (Macquarie University), where I led a qualitative program of research to characterise multidisciplinary and supportive cancer care across public ambulatory oncology services. This fellowship afforded me an education in implementation science and evidence translation. I am looking forward to bringing these insights to my collaborations with communities and services in my new role at CDU.
Selected recent projects
- “Co-designing the future: creating an education empowerment pathway with young mothers” (2022-ongoing) - Funded by Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia.
- “Co-design of health and wellbeing services for LGBTIQ [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer]+ individuals on Tasmania’s East coast: Advancing evidence, principles and practice” (2020-2021)- Funded by the Department of Communities, Tasmania.
- “Lifestyle modification programs: An evidence check rapid review” (2020). Funded by NSW Health brokered by the Sax Institute.
- “What is multidisciplinary cancer care like in practice? A multi-site mixed-method study to characterise ambulatory oncology services in the Australian public sector.” (2018-2021)- Investigation undertaken in my capacity as a Research Fellow with the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Implementation Science in Oncology.
- “Evaluation project of NewAccess [cognitive behavioural therapy] program within Headspace” (2018-2019)- Funded by the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network & Beyond Blue.
Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences, Macquarie University
2021 → …
Associate Editor, Australian Community Psychologist
2018 → …
Adjunct Researcher, Centre for Rural Health, University of Tasmania
2018 → …
Committee Member, Women & Psychology National Committee, Australian Psychological Society
2016 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Active
2022 IAS Rainmaker Start Up- Co-designing adaptations to the SUPER Caregivers program for carers of people with cancer in Australia
31/03/22 → 30/11/22
A systematic review of the health and health care of rural sexual and gender minorities in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New ZealandNic Giolla Easpaig, B., Reynish, T. D., Hoang, H., Bridgman, H., Corvinus-Jones, S. L. & Auckland, S., 1 Jul 2022, In: Rural and Remote Health. 22, 3, p. 1-16 16 p., 6999.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile27 Downloads (Pure)
Barriers and enablers to mental health help seeking of sexual, gender, and erotic minorities: A systematic literature reviewReynish, T., Hoang, H., Bridgman, H. & Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., May 2022, (E-pub ahead of print) In: Journal of Gay and Lesbian Mental Health. p. 1-22 22 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-review
Enabling the space and conditions for co-leadership in co-design: An evaluation of co-facilitator training for culturally and linguistically diverse consumersEaspaig, B. N. G., Shé, É. N., Chauhan, A., Newman, B., Joseph, K., Tieu, N. T. & Harrison, R., Jun 2022, In: Public Health Research and Practice. 32, 2, p. 1-8 8 p., e3222214.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Influencing factors and barriers to retention among regional and remote undergraduate nursing students in Australia: A systematic review of current research evidenceLiu, D., Wang, A., Bressington, D., Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., Wikander, L. & Tan, J-Y., 22 Jun 2022, International Platform of Registered Systematic Review and Meta-analysis Protocols, p. 1-3 3 p.
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › ArticleOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Kink-Oriented People and Exogenous Oppressions: Understanding Mental Health and Related Service Use in a Rural ContextReynish, T. D., Hoang, H., Bridgman, H. & Easpaig, B. N. G., 2022, (E-pub ahead of print) In: Journal of Homosexuality. p. 1-24 24 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access