Projects per year
I am a Senior Research Fellow in Mental Health with the Faculty of Health and I lead the Mental Health Research Theme as part of the Mental Health and Supportive Care Research Group. I am also the Co-Director of the Charles Darwin Centre for Evidence-Based Practice (JBI Affiliated Group). Through my work, I aim to enhance mental health and wellbeing outcomes of communities and groups who often negotiate disadvantage(s) and marginalisation. I have a track record of scholarship concerning: youth mental health; enhancing wellbeing in rural communities; health service provision to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities; and multidisciplinary and supportive cancer care.
My roots are in community psychology, and as such, my research is characterised by working in meaningful ways with communities, professionals and health/community services; often employing participatory and collaborative approaches. Prior to this role, I was a Research Fellow with the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Implementation Science in Oncology (Macquarie University), where I led a qualitative program of research to characterise multidisciplinary and supportive cancer care across public ambulatory oncology services. This fellowship afforded me an education in implementation science and evidence translation. I am looking forward to bringing these insights to my collaborations with communities and services in my new role at CDU.
Selected recent projects
- “Lived Experience Workforce Development Framework” (2022-2023)- Funded by the Northern Territory Primary Health Network.
- “Improving the health system’s response when patients are harmed: a mixed-methods study” (2022-2027)- Funded by the NHMRC Partnership Projects.
- “Co-designing the future: creating an education empowerment pathway with young mothers” (2022-ongoing) - Funded by Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia.
- “Co-design of health and wellbeing services for LGBTIQ [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer]+ individuals on Tasmania’s East coast: Advancing evidence, principles and practice” (2020-2021)- Funded by the Department of Communities, Tasmania.
- “Lifestyle modification programs: An evidence check rapid review” (2020). Funded by NSW Health brokered by the Sax Institute.
- “What is multidisciplinary cancer care like in practice? A multi-site mixed-method study to characterise ambulatory oncology services in the Australian public sector.” (2018-2021)- Investigation undertaken in my capacity as a Research Fellow with the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Implementation Science in Oncology.
- “Evaluation project of NewAccess program within Headspace” (2018-2019)- Funded by the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network & Beyond Blue.
Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences, Macquarie University
2021 → …
Associate Editor, Australian Community Psychologist
2018 → …
Adjunct Researcher, Centre for Rural Health, University of Tasmania
2018 → …
Committee Member, Women & Psychology National Committee, Australian Psychological Society
2016 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 3 Active
2022 IAS Rainmaker Start Up- Co-designing adaptations to the SUPER Caregivers program for carers of people with cancer in Australia
Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., Norman, N., Morrissey, J., Woolfe, F., Darch, M., Sattarshetty, K., Harrison, R., Newman, B., Johnson, J. & Simms-Ellis, R.
31/03/22 → 31/08/23
Improving success and retention of undergraduate nursing students from regional and remote areas in Australia
Liu, D., Tan, P. J., Bressington, D., Wikander, A., Wang, A. & Nic Giolla Easpaig, B.
1/01/22 → 31/12/24
Lived Experience Workforce Development Framework
Lindeman, M. & Nic Giolla Easpaig, B.
7/11/22 → 30/06/23
Behavioural activation for depressive symptoms in young people with emerging or early psychosis: A pilot study protocolByrne, M. K., Easpaig, B. N. G., Gray, R., Creek, R., Jones, M., Brown, E., Mitchell, D., Zhai, J., Tan, J. Y., Denis, S. & Bressington, D., Jan 2023, In: PLoS One. 18, 1, p. 1-16 16 p., e0280559.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Factors Influencing Retention among Regional, Rural and Remote Undergraduate Nursing Students in Australia: A Systematic Review of Current Research EvidenceLiu, X. L., Wang, T., Bressington, D., Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., Wikander, L. & Tan, J. Y., Mar 2023, In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 20, 5, p. 1-14 14 p., 3983.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Family and domestic violence policy discourses and narratives: Implications for Emergency Departments and communities in rural AustraliaMoore, S., Fox, R., Nic Giolla Easpaig, B. & Deravin, L., Dec 2023, In: International Journal for Equity in Health. 22, 1, p. 65 1 p., 65.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
Innovative models of healthcare delivery: an umbrella review of reviewsRoberts, N., Carrigan, A., Clay-Williams, R., Hibbert, P. D., Mahmoud, Z., Pomare, C., Fajardo Pulido, D., Meulenbroeks, I., Knaggs, G. T., Austin, E. E., Churruca, K., Ellis, L. A., Long, J. C., Hutchinson, K., Best, S., Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., Sarkies, M. N., Francis Auton, E., Hatem, S., Dammery, G., & 7 others, 23 Feb 2023, In: BMJ Open. 13, 2, p. 1-11 11 p., e066270.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
People with early-onset colorectal cancer describe primary care barriers to timely diagnosis: A mixed-methods study of web-based patient reports in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.Lamprell, K., Fajardo Pulido, D., Arnolda, G., Nic Giolla Easpaig, B., Tran, Y., Owais, S. S., Liauw, W. & Braithwaite, J., Dec 2023, In: BMC Primary Care. 24, 12, p. 1-12 12 p., 12.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)