Projects per year
My research primarily revolves around how the policies and practices of organisations can enhance the innovation, performance, integrity, and wellbeing of individuals. In particular, I investigate which practices inspire people to feel their life and activities now are vital to their future—a feeling that enhances motivation and resilience. For example, I have explored which leadership styles and workplace practices foster a sense of purpose in life. Furthermore, I have investigated with this sense of purpose improves health, wealth, mindfulness, openness to diversity, and openness to change.
Research topics I supervise
I would be willing to supervise a range of projects to answer questions such as
- Which features of workplaces—such as an egalitarian rather than hierarchical culture—enhance the wellbeing of people who experience various mental health problems?
- Which characteristics of parents—such as their capacity to tolerate ambiguity—shape their interactions with their children?
- Which words or phrases in speeches and articles are most likely to inspire and convince other people?
- Which initiatives at university enable students to feel their activities now are vital to their future—ultimately enhancing their motivation, creativity, integrity, and wellbeing?
Initiatives that I want to explore include an opportunity to observe futuristic roles, a workshop that promotes compassion, a program that fosters critical thinking, an app that helps students manage skill development, and a community wall to collate ideas
- Social, personality, emotion, and work psychology
- Multivariate statistics, such as mixed linear models and generalised estimating equations
- Writing skills, such as the psychology of persuasion
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Finished
2019 Readiness - Central Australian and Taiwanese curricular knowledge exchange
Lovell, J., Moss, S. & Judd, B.
1/11/19 → 31/12/21
2020 Rainmaker Readiness - The economic and social implications of the increasing heat in the tropical North: How can we cope better?
15/07/20 → 31/12/22
Does a Kegel Exercise Program Prior to Resistance Training Reduce the Risk of Stress Urinary Incontinence?Cross, D. L., Kirshbaum, M. N., Wikander, L., Tan, J-Y., Moss, S. & Gahreman, D., Jan 2023, In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 20, 2, p. 1481 1481.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Marketing unhealthy brands: An analysis of SKU pricing, pack size and promotion strategies that increase harmful product consumptionGreenland, S. J., Gill, R., Moss, S. & Low, D., 2023, In: Journal of Strategic Marketing. 0, 0, p. 1-16 16 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Emotional Freedom Techniques (Tapping) to Improve Wellbeing and Reduce Anxiety in Primary School ClassroomsLambert, M. T., Smith, S. E., Moss, S. & Kirshbaum, M. N., Mar 2022, In: Australian Journal of Teacher Education. 47, 3, p. 72-92 21 p., 5.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
The Validated Features of Psychological Interventions for Weight Loss: An IntegrationMoss, S. A., Serbetci, D., O’Brien, K. & Alexi, N., 2022, In: Behavioral Medicine. 48, 3, p. 147-161 15 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-review
Why Are Enrichment Practices in Zoos Difficult to Implement Effectively?Tuite, E. K., Moss, S. A., Phillips, C. J. & Ward, S. J., 1 Mar 2022, In: Animals. 12, 5, p. 1-23 23 p., 554.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile51 Downloads (Pure)