Projects per year
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL HISTORY:
- 2020 to Present: Senior Research Fellow and Program Manager Birthing on Country Centre for Research Excellence (BOC CRE)
- 2020 (April-Sept):Epidemiologist Queensland Health COVID-19 Emergency Response team
- 2019: Associate Dean Research, College of Nursing and Midwifery, Charles Darwin University.
- 2014-2019: Research Fellow at the Menzies School of Health Research, coordinating several projects including the implementation of the Supportive Care Needs Assessment Tool for Indigenous People (SCNAT-IP) into routine cancer care, and the Better Cardiac Care for Indigenous People in Queensland Data Linkage Project (BCCDLP), for the Queensland Department of Health. Investigator on both these projects. Investigator on the Screening Matters Study, an investigation of Indigenous women’s attitudes to cervical screening. Manager the National Indigenous Cervical Screening Project (NISCP), a data-linkage study of screening and cervical cancer outcomes in Australian Indigenous women (2014-2018).
- 2011-2013: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Section on Cancer Surveillance at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Lyon, France, part of the World Health Organisation. Established a program of work to investigate the burden of cancer among Indigenous people globally and forged strong and enduring collaborations with international Indigenous and non-Indigenous researchers to facilitate this work. Published several seminal reports in high ranking journals, including the Lancet Oncology, on cancer incidence for Indigenous people in Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada, and cancer among Indigenous children globally.
- 2006-2010: PhD Candidate UQ and QIMR, conducting an epidemiological study of cancer diagnosis, treatment and survival among Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in Queensland, Australia.
- 2002 -2007: Project manager of the Australian Cancer Study (ACS): a molecular epidemiological study of oesophageal and ovarian cancer and the Australian Endometrial Cancer Study (ANECS). Established these studies in major treatment centres throughout Australia, employed and supervised local and interstate research staff. To date, findings of these studies have been published in over 16 papers in national and international peer reviewed journals.
- 1996 to 2001: Project manager of the Second Australian National Blood Pressure Study (ANBP2), a cardiovascular outcome trial of the treatment of hypertension in the elderly, based at the University of Queensland. Research nurse for the Bayer Lipid Study and ANBP2.
- 1984-1997: Twelve years as a registered nurse in emergency, intensive care and medical units in Alice Springs Hospital and The Wesley Hospital.
PhD, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
1 Jul 2006 → Mar 2010
Award Date: 13 Aug 2010
Master, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Award Date: 22 Mar 2002
Bachelor, Southern Cross University
Award Date: 7 Dec 1995
Post Doctoral Fellow, International Agency for Research on CancerAug 2011 → Oct 2013
PhD Candidate, Queensland Institute of Medical ResearchJul 2006 → Mar 2010
- 12 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Active
A call for action that cannot go to voicemail: Research activism to urgently improve Indigenous perinatal health and wellbeingHickey, S., Roe, Y., Ireland, S., Kildea, S., Haora, P., Gao, Y., Maypilama, E. L., Kruske, S., Campbell, S., Moore, S., Maidment, S. J., Heinemann, K., Hartz, D. A. T. IBUS. A. BOOST. S. T., Adcock, A., Storey, F., Bennett, M., Lambert, C., Sibanda, N., Lawton, B., Cram, F. & 24 others, , 29 Apr 2021, In: Women and Birth.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Editorial › peer-review
Health care provider perspectives on cervical screening for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women: a qualitative studyJaenke, R., Butler, T., Condon, J., Garvey, G., Brotherton, J. ML., Cunningham, J., Anderson, K., Tong, A., Moore, S. & Whop, L., Apr 2021, In: Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 45, 2, p. 150-157 8 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Investigating inequities in cardiovascular care and outcomes for Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people: Protocol for a hospital-based retrospective cohort data linkage projectKearns, T., Diaz, A., Whop, L. J., Moore, S. P., Condon, J. R., Andrews, R. M., Katzenellenbogen, J. M., Matthews, V., Wang, W., Johnston, T., Taylor, C., Potts, B., Kathage, A., Suleman, A., Stanley, L., Mitchell, L., Garvey, G. & Williamson, D., 19 Mar 2021, In: BMJ Open. 11, 3, e043304.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Refined cut-off for TP53 immunohistochemistry improves prediction of TP53 mutation status in ovarian mucinous tumors: implications for outcome analysesAustralian Ovarian Cancer Study, Management Group, Project and Data Managers, Research Nurses and Assistants, Clinical and Scientific Collaborators & GAMuT Collaborators, Jan 2021, In: Modern Pathology. 34, 1, p. 194-206 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Diaz, A., Soerjomataram, I., Moore, S., Whop, L. J., Bray, F., Hoberg, H. & Garvey, G., 13 Jan 2020, In: Journal of Global Oncology. 2020, 6, p. 133-142 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile9 Downloads (Pure)